Thursday, March 4, 2010

Vintage Winter Fun



It's time to take this down but I wanted to get a photo to show you before we store it away. We put this up every year, a vintage sled (ca. mid-1950s) and my skates from about 1970. It doesn't help the condition of the sled for it to be out every winter, all winter, but I really like it as a decoration. 

I see that it is time for me to clean out last year's perennials. I like to leave the dead growth as protection from the cold.

Here is the info from the back of the sled:




I am linking this post to Vintage Thingie Thursday. Click on the icon below to see many beautiful vintage items!





11 comments:

Coloradolady said...

I love your sled....and I need to get busy in my flower beds too, just need to find the time!!! Nice touch with the skates...very cute! Have a great VTT!

Ann said...

What a coincidence, I bought a pair of white skates at an estate sale today. And I have a sled real similar to yours. Love the ways yours looks with the grenery.
Happy VTT

LV said...

I am waiting for a little warmer day. I love my yard and can't wait to get back out again.

Coloradolady said...

p.s. I forgot to ask you...did you package arrive...just wanted to be sure it made it ok.

Paulette said...

This brings back fond winter memories of sledding down the hill by our house or having fun at the rink just down the street--back when I enjoyed being out in the cold! I leave the dead garden growth too. It's fun to watch the birds come grab it for nesting materials in the spring.

thasnifty said...

oh that display is beautiful! I love your blog and am now a follower. thanks for sharing the eye candy!

-brightest blessings-
Karina

thasnifty.blogspot.com

Run Lori Run said...

Nice display! I used to have a sled like that one in our family but I don't know what ever happened to it. Wish I had it now so I could copy you... :)

mimilove forever said...

Love the sled, but glad the snow has gone! x:)

Anonymous said...

Those sleds are great!!! I think they are perfect for decoration.

Stephanie said...

I had a sled like that, so much fun!!It's great that you have given it a "new job!" Peace, Stephanie

Nanette Merrill said...

Very sweet, and so appropriate for the Olympic time of year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...