Monday, December 21, 2009

This Purse Again

The purse is reclining on my Eddie Bauer down throw. I love that thing! So cozy!


I just love this pattern! This is the 5th purse I've made using it, and I have fabric to make another one for myself.

This is the thickest fabric that I've used so far with this pattern and in some cases I was sewing through six layers plus the batting that I used to line the handle. I held my breath as I sewed toward the thick parts and my Bernina went through them like nothing! Up until now I hadn't worked on a project with thick fabrics, so my machine hadn't been put to that test. I was very very pleased, since I have memories of other machines jamming and groaning.

I have a couple of Christmas projects to finish up yet, are you all ready for Christmas?

2 comments:

Pokey said...

That is a good looking, dressed up purse! It's neat what just fabric selection alone (and your talented sewing skills!) can do. Good job, Sue!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful purse!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...