Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas is Almost Here!

I made some accessories to go with the purse that I made last night. A tissue cozy from this tutorial. A simple zippered pouch.

As an aside, I am reading Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451. Have you read it? Written in 1953, but timeless. I'm not a SciFi reader but I am really enjoying this one. Well, I should say I'm enjoying reading it, the story can be unsettling and not particularly enjoyable. I actually felt like I could smell burning while I was reading it. Now that's the mark of a well-written book.

Aren't these fun? This is a set of Hallmark ornaments, a series. I hope you can see the detail. The cookies in the oven, the Santa and his Mrs. salt-and-pepper shakers, the set of mixing bowls, the cute utensils. Even a faux marble top on that table. This stays out all year in my kitchen so I had to blow the dust off of it.

Please take the time in the next few days to read the second chapter of Luke. A description of the miracle that brings hope to all mankind.

Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Pokey said...

Merry Christmas, Sue! your little Hallmark items would be sitting out all year at my house, too, to cute to put away. Oh, and i would have to dust it for the picture, too....
:-} Pokey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...