Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Busy-ness


Well, I've been busy. As I am sure many of you have been, as well.

We have December birthdays on hubby's side of our family, so that adds to the December fun -- and flurry -- of activity!

I made the cutest b-day gift for someone special. You'll see it after the party is past and the recipient is enjoying their gift.

*******************************

Apparently I like table runners/scarves with scenes on them. This first one was my paternal grandmother's. I actually have two matching ones.



Any ideas on whether there is any symbolism behind these pictures? Or is it purely decorative?My hunch is that it is a German design, but I don't know for sure.

Hmmm, I think that's cat hair up on the top. No surprise there.

*******************************

I love this next one. I bought it at the Norway area at Epcot in Walt Disney World in Florida. That was a few years ago, can't remember how long exactly, but when we went back they no longer carried them. I had hoped to find some for gifts.

I hope you are enjoying your decorating. It's always fun to get out all your favorites and admire them year after year!

2 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Beautiful Christmas quilt (table runner). I hope you'll enter it in my Virtual Christmas Quilt Show.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Cath's Pennies Designs said...

That first one does have a German look to it. I first thought, "Pennsylvania Dutch" when I saw it. Both of them are really beautiful with such vivid colors.
Cathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...