Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Quilts for Kids Ready to Go!

Well, here they are, all ready to mail to Quilts for Kids. This pattern was really fun to make. As always, I learned a few things.

1. I'm very pleased with how the charcoal thread worked with the quilting on the colors and the black. It really blended in nicely. I used light pink thread on the girl's quilt.

2. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the back-turned-to-front binding (the organization's request) but I like how it turned out.

3. I'm more of a cross-hatch and stitch in the ditch quilter than a meanderer.

4. This was the first time that I used my walking foot from start to finish. Yes, even on the piecing!

Now on to other projects!

2 comments:

grandmarockton said...

wonderful job, THANKS from the kids!

Beth said...

These are both so fun - great fabrics you have used! I am sure they will bring comfort to two little children who are the recipients!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...