Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Bit of Progress


I whipped up this simple project, using two fat quarters. Right sides together, stitch along sides leaving space to turn right side out. Press and topstitch close to edge. I placed it on a side table, but it would make a cute basket liner too.


I think those are bittersweet blossoms.


My mom embroidered these squares and I finally got them sewn together with sashing. 
Still need to add one, or maybe two, borders. 


Then I will machine quilt along the sashings. After that, I plan to hand-quilt around the motifs themselves. Or, I should say my mom and I will quilt them, having our own little quilting bee. She sounded a little hesitant, since she's never hand-quilted before, but we'll manage just fine. And end up with a precious heirloom as a result.  I'll keep you posted!


In the meantime, enjoy your week!

1 comment:

Paulette said...

Cute basket liner! Those butterfly blocks are beautiful. Sounds like fun hand quilting it with your mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...