Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Painted Pumpkin Faces


We're getting to the stage around here where some of the local growth is turning brown and dried-up looking. But it's still quite beautiful.


Every year I paint pumpkins for my dear mother-in-law. This has been going on for quite some time now. You'd think she'd be sick of these, but no, she loves them and enjoys using them to decorate her doorway. Pretty sure her neighbors get a kick out of them too.


Simple project: use a Sharpie pen to outline your design. Eyes, eyebrows, nose, mouth.


Fill in with acrylic paints. Use basic colors or not-so-basic. It's your pumpkin, be creative! 
Important: don't forget the white accents. Apply these after the first layer of paint is completely dry. The white highlights really make these cuties come alive. Have fun!

3 comments:

Chris said...

I've carved, but never painted a pumpkin. Very cute!

Paulette said...

Aw, this brings back sweet memories...I used to paint pumpkins with my daughter when she was young. I think I need to do it again. It always made me happy. Maybe she'll even want to join the fun.

Lauren said...

Cute! Hmm...maybe I'll paint some pumpkins for MY mother-in-law one day. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...